Pages

March 20, 2011

Why Sun and Mountain?

Is the Power of God closed in a sacred book just to be read and appreciated by millions of readers and then placed on an acid free archival shelf in a library somewhere? For some, that could be the case, but not for me.  I believe the Power of God is as alive today as it was in the stories I read in the Bible all my life.  Yes, I believe I can stop the sun and I can move a mountain. 
                                  Credit: Free photos from acobox.com
Joshua 10:12-13 NLT "On the day the Lord gave the Israelites victory over the Amorites, Joshua prayed to the Lord in front of all the people of Israel. He said, “Let the sun stand still over Gibeon, and the moon over the valley of Aijalon.” 13 So the sun stood still and the moon stayed in place until the nation of Israel had defeated its enemies. Is this event not recorded in The Book of Jashar? The sun stayed in the middle of the sky, and it did not set as on a normal day."
Matthew 17:20 NLT "He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

I am pretty sure my "sun" won't be like Joshua's sun, and my "mountain" won't be anything like Jesus' mountain, but every day I have a chance to experience a Sun or a Mountain moment of my own. Every day I am challenged to go out off my comfort zone and I am dared to walk into a dimension of power that is not humanly induced, but a dimension designed only by the Spirit of God for those willing to jump knowing that His arms will be there to catch them.

Which one will it be today, Sun or Mountain… could it be maybe both? I can’t wait to find out!


Lourdes