Pages

September 4, 2013

I've Been Thinking...


As we get older life becomes more and more intense. Events, people, situations, all that is viewed with a different set of eyes... the eternal eye!

Is it worth my time worrying too much about things that are trivial? Is it worth my time getting anxious about situations that will have no lasting effect in my life? Is it even worth my time being mad a others longer than necessary? I guess the answer is obvious. 

However, it is definitely worth my time thinking where I'll be 1,000 years from now. Regardless of people's way of thinking or opinion about God, eternity is always before us and He (God) has given us the power to choose what kind of eternity will be waiting for us:
  • "See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil, in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments...that you may live...and the Lord your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess. But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn away, and worship other gods and serve them...you shall surely perish (Deuteronomy 30: 15-18, parts)."
  • "For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him." John 3:16-17
Yes! As I am getting older eternity is in my mind more intense than before and as I deal emotionally with my father's death I keep thinking, "My dad is already in the eternity he so longed for so many years... An eternity with God." I TOO WANT THAT ETERNITY. 

(It has been so long since my last blog and many things have happened during that time. Today I just feel like writing my thoughts down. I guess I need the catharsis I get through this venue.)